Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Sophie Lancaster

The anniversary of the Sophie Lancaster murder is approaching and on the 11th of August I plan on making a video about the assault on Sophie and her boyfriend Robert. The Sophie Lancaster murder was a hate crime, much like the Matthew Shepard murder, and was just a tragic and if not even more terrifying than Shepard's murder. To think someone can be physically attacked and murdered just because they look the way they do is horrific, and Sophie's death saddens and angers me whenever I read or speak about it. I hope that those who did what they did to Sophie and Robert will never see freedom again.

Robert is actually one of my favorite artists and his work is amazing. His exhibition to Sophie called "Crimson Iris: The Art of Sophie" included one of my favorite paintings done by him. it's called 'In which a desperate act causes chaos to desend,' and I have an image of the painting below.


No comments:

Post a Comment